This post aims to gather all of the useful links spread across multiple posts on the topic of 3D point cloud classification.
Recently we published a paper about 3D point cloud classification using our 3D modified Fisher Vector (3DmFV) representation and convolutional neural networks (CNNs). I believe in making research accessible to everyone, therefore, I wrote several posts on the subject. For everyone’s convenience (especially mine) here they all are in a bunch:
- 3D point cloud classification overview (recent work, September 2017)
- 3D point cloud classification using 3D modified Fisher Vectors – 3DmFV-Net.
- 3D modified Fisher Vectors (3DmFV) for 3D point clouds
- What are Fisher Vectors (FV) for 3D point clouds?
- What is a Gaussian Mixture Model (GMM)?
- 3DmFV-Net paper
- 3DmFV-Net preprint
- Code for 3DmFV-Net
I hope you find the information brought here useful. Don’t forget to cite my paper 🙂